Solved the issue with PHP 5.2.4 and others.
The embedded PDO in php since 5.1+ is INCOMPATIBLE with the latest PDO_MYSQL and PDO_INFORMIX, etc. I just spent 2 days working on this. This solution works on numerous versions of Linux I've tried as well as SunOS and HPUX.
The basic issue, getting this message when running PHP with PDO and trying
to get PDO_INFORMIX working, but having a version conflict:
"PHP Fatal error: PDO: driver informix requires PDO API version 20060409;
this is PDO version 20060511 in Unknown on line 0"
The "embedded" PDO that is within PHP since version 5.1 CONFLICTS with the
PDO the PEAR/PECL modules are expecting.
1) Rebuild PHP with no pdo (--disable-pdo) (and you can't have
any stuff like --with-mysql-pdo, either)
2) Then use PEAR/PECL to install PDO: pear install pdo
3) then use PEAR/PECL to install PDO_INFORMIX:
pear install --alldeps pdo_informix
4) make sure your php.ini extensions_dir points to the directory
where these are placed
5) then add these references to php.ini:
6) run php -v now and you should not see any errors.
7) run "pear list" and "pecl list" to see the installed modules
8) run php -i |egrep "pdo|PDO" to see:
php -i |egrep "pdo|PDO"
Configure Command => './configure' '--disable-pdo'
'--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib'
'--with-zlib' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-curl'
PDO support => enabled
PDO drivers => mysql, informix
pdo_informix support => enabled
PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version => 5.0.51a
I would have tried the embedded PDO and then also --with-informix-pdo=shared but as an earlier post here showed, the --with-informix... is unknown. Please correct my mistake if I am mistyping it.